Thursday, May 6, 2010

what a difference a week makes...

It's hard to believe that we've been in our new home for over a week now! Last Wednesday, we woke up to a house full of boxes that was quickly ambushed by the movers who had every single box out of our house in less than 30 minutes. This might sound impressive, but don't be too quick to make that assumption, because when you're moving things out that quickly, you typically don't move them out very carefully...

I could go on and on about all that went wrong that day...the truck not being large enough so DH and I had to split up so I could go on to our new home while DH stayed behind and waited for them to take the second load (which was OK since we needed to get the old rental house cleaned up) them BREAKING my piano leg, and us losing our dog (which the pastor and his wife found for us--so thankful for that!) amongst several other broken, chipped, and damaged items. I realize it's just stuff, but it's the only stuff we have, and I want to take care of it. Supposedly, the piano is getting fixed, but I have yet to hear from the repairman. Please pray that all gets worked out and that my piano will be OK. Again, I know it's just a "thing," but music is my outlet and a big part of the ministry the Lord has given to me, and I definitely can't just go out and buy another piano. I've tried not to think about it or talk about it a whole lot, but if I'm being really transparent, I will admit that it makes me really sad. At the same time, the Lord really has given me a peace that it will be OK, so I'm just trying to be patient...

Anyway, enough of the negatives, because the positives CERTAINLY outweigh them! I pulled up to the most inviting home with beautiful flowers that had been planted by a church member, and a renovated home by many other church members. The house is seriously amazing! We feel so blessed that we get to live here and that so many people gave of their time so willingly and with so much love. We certainly do feel their love and care for us already! If you are friends with me on FB, please check out my album of pic of our new home!

Our first Sunday was also wonderful--such a great time of worship! And we were so blessed to have family here to share it with us--my mom was here along with my brother, my SIL, my precious nephew, and our friend/adopted brother, Ben:)

DH is really enjoying working with the pastor and the youth pastor, and we love what a team effort it is. We feel very much at home and are so excited for what God has in store for us here.

Lucy has adjusted pretty well. She's had some days where she's REALLY been testing her limits, but part of that could be me not giving her quite as much attention as usual as I've been busy setting up the house, or maybe it's just because she's TWO! lol:) Whatever the reason, I am very excited and thankfult to say that even though our old home was full of boxes just a week ago, our new home is completely box free now! My amazing mother came and stayed several days and helped us unpack and decorate, so we are feeling very settled, and I can give Lucy more attention now...

Today we went to the national day of prayer service, had lunch with Daddy, and after her nap went for a wagon ride and then played in her pool (actually her turtle that we haven't put sand in yet:) And every day we spend LOTS of time drawing and playing with playdough--she seems to be quite artistic, and I love watching her enjoying coloring and drawing. She also likes to "help" me with the housework-drying the floors after we mop, sweeping alongside me, doing laundry, etc. She really is such a joy-I am so thankful I get to be home with her!


Anyway, just wanted to give a little (or a long!) update on the toller trio--happy weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment